Since I skipped last year, to make up for it, I've partnered up with ASIFA Central to bring you a Celebration of Women Animators over the month of March (in addition to my monthly women animator interviews this year). Some of the things you'll see on this month's blog posts are:
1. An additional blog post illustrating some of the perks and benefits of supporting women animators in their efforts to bring their creations to life.
2. I'll be writing about my weekend trip to Toronto in order to see the original desk that Lotte Reiniger used while in Canada with lots of pictures of her desk.
If you're in Michigan, I'll also be:
3. Presenting my "History of Women Animators: the Game Show" at Shuto Con in Lansing, Michigan on Sunday, March 25th.
4. And working with ASIFA Central, we'll be hosting a day-long celebration of Women Animators in Grand Rapids, Michigan on Saturday, March 31st. Events will include my Women Animators Game Show, a short presentation on Lotte Reiniger (including screening films by Lotte), and an afternoon workshop where we'll produce our own silhouette and cut-out animated films.
If you'd like to attend either of the above events, you can do so through the following links:
- Weekend and one-day badges can be purchased at door during Shuto Con. Registration details and prices are on the website under the registration link. My event is on Sunday at 1:30p.m. in the Lansing Center's Panel Room 2 (LC 203 & 204). Shuto Con will be held at the Lansing Center, 333 E. Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933
- March 31's morning Game Show session and History of Lotte Reiniger at the Grand Rapids Community Media Center is free. However, the afternoon workshop is $5 for students, and $10 for adults, but is free to ASIFA members. The morning event will be held at the Wealthy Theater's Koning Microcinema, 1130 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids, MI. Additional details are at the GRCMC website. The afternoon workshop will be held next door at the Grand Rapids Community Media Center. You can register for the workshop at the following link.
* * *